Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New KBE Leadership: Joe Brothers and Bonnie Lash Freeman

The Kentucky Board of Education Nominating Committee has recommended Joe Brothers as the new Chair and Bonnie Lash Freeman as Vice-Chair.

Doug Hubbard moved, and the board affirmed the new leadership.

Former Chair Keith Travis vowed to support to the new leadership but voted "No" on the motion.

"I will register my opposition by indicating that I vote no. They have my support, but I will not offer my... vote of yes in that regard," Traivs said.

Travis went on to thank the Board for the opportunity to serve, appreciation to his family aned other board member's families, expressed his pleasure with Bonnie Lash Freeman calling her a "rock of stability" in difficult times, and the KDE staff...

He stepped down to the sound of a standing ovation.
~
The results of KSN&C Flash Poll #2 confirm the board's action where Joe Brothers garnered a margin greater than 4:1 over Keith Travis.

No comments: