Saturday, August 29, 2009

Water Balloon Fight !

Our youngest insisted that we help the UK Christian Student Fellowship try to set a new Guinness Book record for the world's largest water balloon fight. The event took place last night - at Midnight - a full two hours past my bedtime. For that reason, her mother and I said, "No promises."

But thanks to a big family game of Phase 10, we were up. So Rita, and I strapped on the flip flops, grabbed Grandmommy Blaylock, who can party with the best of them, and wandered over to the Johnson Center to join teeming hordes of undergrads.

I can't remember an event that took me back to my days as an undergrad at UK so effectively.


These from the Kentucky Kernel:

When the signal was given, combatants raced toward the ammo.

Separated by a 20 yard neutral zone, the teams advanced.

Then, whammo.

Delightful.

No comments: