Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hazing case closed, principal says

Well done, Anthony.

This from Jim Warren at H-L:
Officials at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School said they have completed their investigation of a hazing incident among some football players last week.

A freshman player was checked over at a Lexington hospital after being hit in the head by a 10-pound medicine ball Aug. 3. He was not seriously hurt.

Principal Anthony Orr said Tuesday that after reviewing the information gathered since last week, he's convinced that the incident was an intentional
case of hazing by upperclassmen against some younger players, not simply horseplay that got out of hand.

'I think there was a plan ... and an intent to run some kids through a process, if you will,' Orr said. 'I don't think it was just some silliness.'

Five players — all juniors — were dismissed from the team after the incident, which occurred in the weight room. Orr indicated Tuesday that the five
won't be reinstated." ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thnak you, Mr. Orr. A lawsuit has been avoided, and you have taken a stand, and five football players have learned a lesson.

I wonder what would have happened had the mother not gone to the media.

tapaskumar said...

Thanks a lot for ur efforts.Do"t think that it is an end.Long route to be covered in these days.Thanks to media and others,
From.T.K.Mohanty,
Research Scholar,
Geltua,Bhadrak,
Orissa,India,
756181,mail:tapasmohanti9@gmail.com