Friday, February 08, 2008

Draud withdraws request for sick days

This update from Toni Konz at the Courier-Journal + KDE press release:

Education chief Jon Draud turns down extra time off

...“In light of the criticism by Gov. (Steve) Beshear and others reported by the media, I will not accept the additional sick leave and vacation time that was granted to me by the Kentucky Board of Education,” Draud said today.

“I feel that my request was very reasonable. However, I should have negotiated this issue with the board at the time of my employment.“

It is very important to me that my tenure as commissioner of education be viewed as ethical and placing the interest of children as my highest priority,” he said. “I thank the members of the board for recognizing the fairness of my request.” ...

No comments: