Monday, July 16, 2007

Damned if I'm not defective

I don't often take on religious issues. A person's faith, is a person's faith as far as I'm concerned - so long as it doesn't do harm anyone else.

I agree with Thomas Jefferson, a great American and defender of religious freedom, when he wrote in his Notes on Virginia, 1782, "...it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

I consider it a full-time job just to follow the golden rule, as taught by Jesus.

But freedom of thought means freedom to disagree and this past week my beliefs were termed defective. Maybe they are. Perhaps, I'll be judged later for that. In the meantime, if you're like me, you may enjoy this voluntary recall of several defective consumer products. You may be defective, too.

This from Slate.

No comments: