Economic report details financial benefits of quality programs
Governor Steve Beshear and Kentucky business leaders will discuss the importance of high-quality early education with the release of an economic report during a news conference at 1 p.m. EDT, Thursday, March 13, 2014, in Room 110 of the Capitol.
The report, "Strengthening Kentucky Businesses through Investments in Early Care and Education" was prepared by ReadyNation/America's Edge, a national organization of business leaders who support proven education investments that strengthen businesses and the economy. The research details how investments in early learning increase sales from local businesses, create jobs and grow the economy.
The news conference is hosted by the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence, a statewide citizens' organization working to improve education for all Kentuckians.
In addition to the governor, news conference participants will include:
* Dave Adkisson, president and CEO, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
* Helen Carroll, manager, community relations, Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America, Inc., Erlanger
* Elizabeth McCoy, president and CEO, Planters Bank, Inc., Hopkinsville
* Tony Shivers, deputy director, ReadyNation/America's Edge
* Stu Silberman, executive director, Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence