In accordance with federal guidelines related to the School Improvement Grants (SIGs), the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) has conducted leadership assessments of 10 public schools and their school districts.
The 10 are:
· Caverna High, Caverna Independent
· Fern Creek Traditional High, Jefferson County
· Lawrence County High
· Leslie County High
· Metcalfe County High
· Robert Frost Middle, Jefferson County
· Shawnee High Magnet Career Academy, Jefferson County
· Valley Traditional High, Jefferson County
· Western Middle, Jefferson County
· Western MST Magnet High, Jefferson County
The leadership assessments provide detailed information on effectiveness, academic performance, learning environment and efficiency within each school and district. The assessments also make recommendations related to school and district improvement.
The full assessments, plus background information, are available on the KDE website.