Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dartmouth professor threatens students with discrimination lawsuit

This from the New York Daily News:

A Dartmouth College writing teacher angered by students who didn't agree with her in class is threatening to sue them for discrimination.

Priya Venkatesan, who taught freshman writing at the Ivy League school from July 2005 until last month, ignited an uproar on campus Sunday after she sent a bizarre e-mail warning students she planned to sue them.

"I regret to inform you that I am pursuing a lawsuit in which I am accusing some of you (whom shall go unmentioned in this e-mail) of violating Title VII of anti-federal discrimination laws," she wrote in a message that contained several typos.

"I am also writing a book detailing my experiences as your instructor, which will 'name names,' so to speak. I have all of your evaluation and these will be reproduced in the book. Have a nice day." ...

Any publishers wanna touch this turkey?

Latest comment from RateMyProfessor.com:
"This woman lives in a delusional fantasy world. She is dictatorial in her views, agree with her or be punished with a lower grade. Has no business being a professor."

No comments: