A shout out to Dr Althauser's ELE 491 students, who have been learning to embed videos on their own blogs. Here's an old favorite video from You Tube (with 375+ million hits).
Here are a few notes for embedding your own videos.
1. Identify a new video for your blog
a. In this case, I’m using a favorite You Tube video
2. Below the video, is a “share” button, click it
3. Look for the “embed” button, and click it.
4. When the new window opens, you will notice some html code already highlighted in blue. This is the code you are looking for.
5. Check below and make sure the 420 X 315 size is selected. If not, select it. (Blogger can’t handle a large video.)
6. To capture the embed code, once it is highlighted, hold down the Ctrl (control) key and press “c” (for copy). Now the embed code is copied to your computer’s clipboard.
7. Go to Blogger and open a “new post”
8. You have two choices for working in blogger: composition and HTML. Choose HTML. (You cannot embed a video from composition.)
9. When the HTML window opens, make sure your cursor is inside the box and paste in the code. You do that by holding the “Ctrl” key, while pressing “v.”
10. Think about how you want your video to appear. if you are going to want some space at the top, above the video, then place you cursor before the code and hit “enter” a couple of times. That will give you a little space above the video to write in.
11. At this point, you can switch back to composition and complete your post – with your video embedded.
12. Enjoy Charlie and his big brother.