Thursday, January 24, 2008

Kid says, 'Behavior Teacher Broke My Finger'

Teacher says, 'Don't go to the nurse or I'll get in trouble for it'

Educator Resigns, Apologizes
Principal Says Incident Began As Horseplay


CLOVERDALE, Ind. -- A Cloverdale Middle School anger-management teacher resigned after he broke a student's finger during what began as horseplay, school officials said.

Scott Porter recently broke an index finger of Jordan Mundy as they were wrestling each other during an anger-management class, Jordan and the school's principal said...
...Jordan told 6News that he and Porter -- who he said was his favorite teacher -- were wrestling on the ground and that Porter eventually got rough.

"He got me back in a headlock. I grabbed him with his head between my hands ... and as soon as I did that, he said, 'Tap out or something breaks,' and I tapped out, and he grabbed that finger," Jordan said.
Jordan said his finger is broken in three places. Jordan said Porter put his damaged finger in a splint but told him not to see the school nurse.
"He goes, 'Don't go to the nurse or I'll get in trouble for it,'" Jordan said...


This from the IndyChannel.com.

No comments: