From a long list of possible terms, the KDE leadership team narrowed the possibilities to three.
TASK - Testing and Accountability System of Kentucky
BEST - Bluegrass Education Standards Test
K-PREP - Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress
Now they are asking folks (this means you) to vote for the one that best describes the new system. The survey also gives people the opportunity to suggest their own name.
Take the survey here.
It is, perhaps regrettable - perhaps not - that the wordsmiths at KDE passed on a few suggestions from KSN&C readers, like...
- Do-Over Grading System
- Keep It Strong and Stable
- the corporate sponsored, McDonald's Happy Meal Test
- NTLS - No teacher left standing
- KONCEAL - Kentucky's Official Need to Conceal Educational Achievement Legally
- KCAT - Kentucky Core Assessment Test
- BS1 - better standards 1
Plus, the department is working on a new Senate Bill 1/Unbridled Learning page for the KDE website. Click on the Unbridled Learning logo on the KDE homepage, or lookie here to see that page.